Thursday, July 20, 2006

Peace of mind, trust and confidence

I used to be an accountant, but I'm alright now!

When I was in practice I believed that what I was selling was not just tax advice. I also needed to provide my clients with peace of mind, confidence and trust.

  • Do you trust your accountant to do his/her best for you with the taxman?

  • Do you have confidence in your accountant's ability to give you the advice and service you need, when you need it?

  • Do you have peace of mind that your accountant does what you need them to do when you need them to do it?

If the answer to any of these questions is 'no' then we must ask 'why not?' and does your accountant know how you feel?

Regular readers of this blog will know that I have little patience with accountants and tax advisers who have not moved with the times. There is no excuse these days for taking clients for granted. I'm not sure it was ever a wise approach but it does seem to be quote common on the basis that most clients think that all accountants are the same. And that's a key reason why I'm sharing accountants' secrets. Some accountants give the rest a bad name. There is plenty of variety out there - as there is with any service provider. You don't have to stick with one who treats you badly, doesn't fill you with confidence or doesn't inspire your trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home